History of Wantage Township
Sussex County, New Jersey
early 1700s -- local fieldstone Fort Minisink (also known as the Titsworth Homestead and later Locust Grove Farm) built on Clove Road.
1785 -- 37 year old Reverend Elias Van Bunschooten was sent by the Synod of the Dutch Reformed Church to take charge of three consistories: Maghagamack, Minisink and Walpack. He served the area for forty years until his death.
1787 -- Van Bunschooten's house built. It is now the Elias Van Bunschooten Museum, Route 23, Wantage Township. The museum has a Genealogical Library with a large collection of Lineage books. The library is open by appointment.
(Source: 2003. Wayne T. McCabe. Images of America: Sussex County. Charleston, SC: Arcadia Press.)