Pine Lake Park
Manchester Township, Ocean County, NJ
over 16,000 acres
Bounded on the south by Route 37, on north by Route 571, and on east by the Dover Township line.
1842 -- James J. Reynolds build the Union Saw Mill, damming the Union Branch and the Ridgway Branch for power.
1891 -- the Pine Lake Park Land & Improvement Company buys six tracts of land, including the mill site. The development lots purchased by the Commonwealth Realty Improvement Corporation and William S. Jackson's Fidelity Realty Corporation.
1915 -- the lake enlarged for the purposes of summer bathing.
1936 -- lake acquired by the Township of Manchester.
(Source: Miller 2000:333-334)