Borough of Lincoln Park
Morris County, New Jersey
officially part of the Newark Standard Metropolitan Area
Lincoln Park Borough is located between the Pompton and Passaic Rivers. What became Lincoln Park was created by draining the Bog and Vly meadow.
1690 -- Lincoln Park settled.
the Revolutionary War -- a commissary was maintained here.
Lincoln Park was originally a part of Pequannock. It was called Two Bridges and then Beavertown (because of the many beaver in the area).
1811 -- the legislature authorized the Bog and Vly Company to drain the lands in the vicinity of Beaver Brook
1872 -- Beavertown became Lincoln Park (named in honor of President Abraham Lincoln).
1922 -- the separate Borough of Lincoln Park established after a voter referendum.
Borough of Lincoln Park: http://www.lincolnpark.org/