Sussex County, New Jersey
early 1800s -- the Emmet Bell house built east of Walpack Center just on the other side of the old iron bridge that crossed the Flat Brook.. (The house later burned down.)
1829 -- a post office opened in Walpack Center (then known as Wallpack).
1837 -- a stone church erected on property donated by Robert Bell.
1850 -- house of E.S. Rosenkrans and his store built in Walpack Center.
1854 -- the post office closed and then reopened.
1860 -- there was a school, a Methodist church, cooperage, store, blacksmith shop and about 24 houses in Walpack Center.
1872 -- the old stone church replaced by a two-story wood-frame building on land donated by Jacob S. Roe.
1893 -- the post office officially re-designated "Wallpack Center."
1893 -- the Methodist parsonage was built after the destruction of the old parsonage by fire. Rev. George D. Price coordinated the building effort.
1906 photo -- the photo shows a modified iron Pratt half-hip truss bridge on the Emmet H. Bell farm.
around 1912 -- George D. Price served as the pastor for the Methodists in Walpack Center.
1915 -- after the first general store burned, a new general store was built at the same site.
(Source: 2003. Wayne T. McCabe. Images of America: Sussex County. Charleston, SC: Arcadia Press.)