intersection of Brooklawn Avenue and North Avenue, Bridgeport, Fairfield County, Connecticut
1666 -- Richard Hubble deeded the land for the future park to the town.
1678 -- the first Post rider made the trip from New York to Boston on the King's Highway.
before 1694 -- Clinton Park was used as a military training ground. Then it was known as the Stratfield Militia Grounds. (The area was larger at that time.)
1695 -- Stratfield founded.
1698 -- Clinton Park triangular green established.
1867 -- P. T. Barnum owned the property around the Park.
1911 -- to the northwest of the Park, the former residence of Ms. Elizabeth Sterling Seeley, P. T. Barnum's granddaughter, built in French Normandy style. It is now a rooming house.
1915 -- King's Highway marker.
1917 -- elms planted (and have long since disappeared).
1960s -- the Christian Science Church built and now dominates the streetscape.
1976 -- Bicentennial (U.S.) memorial.
Clinton Par, Bridgeport. http://www.towngreens.com/datacenter/index.cgi/view/17/historical